That hectic time of year is near. . school is out. Children are antsy, and ready to break for the hills.
No more school bells. And for some, no more morning alarm!
Consider it time to unwind for all. After that last lunch is packed, and all of the books returned to the library, stop, slow down and take a moment to relax.
Here are 5 ideas for things to do the first week out:
1. take a wild walk in your neighborhood, instead of rushing for the bus, look around and find things you never noticed
2. make a summer art shirt from an old T-shirt and use it to paint, make clay, and all the messy stuff. make sure to take a "before" and "after" shot!
3. camp out midweek on your lawn.
4. make your own crossword of summertime words, make copies and send them to your friends.
5. have an ice cream sundae for dinner, the kids will NEVER forget it!
Remember to take it slow. . .it is almost summer. If you need outdoor inspiration, log on to Modernseed Outdoor section for seating, hammocks and design objects for your favorite room in the summer, OUTSIDE!